Finding Business Referral Partners By Using LinkedIn
Date: May 19, 2022
Author: Dr. Billy Williams
Use the month of June to build your base of Business Referral Partnerships with professionals that work with your target prospects.
I am going to use LinkedIn as the example tool, but you can work this process with Facebook, Instagram, twitter, or any social networking site that allows you to locate and connect with other people.
1. Sign in to LinkedIn
2. Search for the type of profession and city i.e., "Property Managers Dallas"
3. Once you find the people that you feel would be a good fit, Click on Connect
LinkedIn Tip = The more total connections you have, the more 2nd connections you have and the more total opportunities for connections you will have.
If you only see a Follow Button, click on the 3 dots to the right and you should see a connect button.
4. Click on Add a note (If that option appears. It doesn't always give you an option)
5. Type a version of the wording below. Make sure you give them an option to schedule a meeting with you or at least leave your contact information
6. Click on Send.
To maximize the “Referral Partner Campaign” you should:
- 1. send at least 100 Invites (25/day) before you decide the process isn't working.
- 2. Quickly follow up with anyone that responds to your connection request with a DM that says “Thanks for connecting, here is a link to download my electronic business card”
- 3. DO NOT write a long DM message trying to sell them on your products and services.